While social media and messengers are taking digital communication by storm, email marketing is still the top way to generate and nurture leads. However, email campaigns do fail to succeed sometimes. In 40% of cases, this happens due to a weak e-marketing strategy.
In this article, we’ll unscramble the main steps towards a successful email marketing strategy that will help you grow your business and improve your revenue.
Why you need an email marketing strategy plan
An effective e-marketing strategy helps you to
- direct your business. Although getting ready with an e-marketing strategy is a time-consuming process, it is always useful for defining what marketing to send and which audience to target.
- choose the tactics to apply. Define your dream customers, choose how to address them, and think which offers may appeal to them. This way you’ll be able to decide how to run your email marketing campaign.
- collect the data about your audience. Find out information about their age, gender, lifecycle stage, and their buying behavior to build up customer profiles.
- determine the target audience. Figure out the interests of your audience, the reason why they subscribed to your content so that you can tailor the content you will send to their preferences.
- identify the performance of your email campaigns. Are you sending out campaigns to escalate the number of opens and clicks or improve the revenue? No matter what goal your email has, make sure you’ve set the right KPI to track the effectiveness of your email campaign.
How to create an email marketing strategy
So, how to develop an effective email marketing strategy? Here’s a step by step guide from SendPulse.
1. Define your email marketing goals
Before you start your email marketing campaign, you should understand why you’re sending it. In other words, figure out the goals of your campaign to see whom and what to send.
Whatever email campaign you are going to launch, make sure your goal is
Be as precise as possible while setting the goal for your campaign. Determine for whom you’re doing it, what you want the audience to do, what benefits it will bring to both of you after the intended action is taken.
Let’s say you’re going to create an abandoned cart email. Your goal here will be to bring the user back to the cart and receive 20% from additional sales.
An account of your budget, your resources, time, and skills.
E.g. You will account for $100 a month from your budget for this campaign.
Set the due date when you should complete your goal.
E.g. You’ll have two months to set the process up and check its efficiency.
Make sure you specify metrics that will help you achieve your goal and track the success of your campaign: the number of opens and click-throughs, forwards, spam complaints, or conversion rates.
E.g. The open rate of this campaign should comprise no less than 30%; otherwise you’ll need to analyze the results, revise the campaign, and come up with its makeover.
2. Build a quality mailing list
Before sending an email campaign, you need to gather the list of contacts whom you will email. There are several ways you can collect email addresses for your database.
Some marketers go the easiest way and buy an email list. However, such an approach is no good for a high sender reputation — with a purchased contact list a sender gets recipients who never agreed to receive their emails, so the chances to hit the spam folders escalate.
However, by adding subscription forms to your website, you’ll be able to collect a quality list of subscribers who are eager to hear from you. Place it in high-traffic areas — a sidebar, at the end of a blog post, in the footer of your website — or integrate the signup form with your Facebook page.
Source: Send Pulse
The core training section is about how you can easily create your own product either by building on your own strengths or on the skills and expertise of your friends and family. Then they cover in detail the many ways you can market and sell other people’s products which is a traditional affiliate market in today’s world there are many ways in which you can do this. They cover how you can collect viewers’ or customers’ emails and make even more money by sending out newsletters and notifications. There is a comprehensive amount of training which covers much of base for newbies so it gives you a very thorough and also very broad view of the entire field. And you can always go back to it. They have this forum which is worth its weight in gold because just about any question might have is discussed here and usually in detail. They include both over-the-shoulder videos as well as face to face. So they reinforce everything by allowing you to learn in many multiple ways. They have an option for their Clickbank Builder which is a funnel builder and also a website builder. Super useful for all types of marketing and less expensive than many of the other options. You should consider this instead of purchasing this from various other sources.
If you are serious about creating a home-based business or creating financial independence for you or your family, you must consider this option as it has all the right components to not only train you but it also sets our a step by step system that you can follow – which almost every new endeavor benefits from And… It’s a million times cheaper than a brick and mortar business. Learn more about it here!
The successful person makes a habit of doing what the failing person doesn’t like to do. ~ Thomas Alva Edison
If you don’t make things happen then things will happen to you. ~ Anonymous
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. ~ Mario Andretti
WHAT IS THE CRUCIAL CONSTRUCTS ACADEMY
- Amazing Way To Be A Successful Affiliate Marketer
- Email Marketing Is An Asset For Small Businesses
- Amazon Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
- How To Monetize Audience With Physical Products
- 5 Best Affiliate Marketing Programs